You cannot afford a single misstep in your process. That’s why we used our 30 years of proven radar expertise to design the new non-contacting Rosemount 5400 Series to focus your plant’s profitability.
You cannot afford a single misstep in your process. That’s why we used our 30 years of proven radar expertise to design the new non-contacting Rosemount 5400 Series to focus your plant’s profitability. It delivers higher reliability, improved safety and requires less maintenance and configuration. As a result you will have reduced downtime and lower installation and operating costs.
* Maximum mounting and application flexibility is ensured with a wide range of antennas and two models with different microwave frequencies, 5401 (6 GHz) and 5402 (26 GHz)
* Dual Port Technology enables a stronger signal than other 2-wire radar transmitters, providing better measurement reliability.
* Condensation Resistant Antenna is much less susceptible to coating, increasing reliability and reducing maintenance
* Faster and simpler commissioning with the easy to use Measure-and-Learn™ functionality in the transmitter
* Circular Polarization reduces echoes from obstacles and tank walls
* Advanced transmitter software can be easily configured using the user-friendly software ”Rosemount Radar Master” (supplied free of charge)
* Easy integration into new or existing plants with a choice of FOUNDATION ™ fieldbus with extensive support for PlantWeb® Alerts or 4-20 mA with superimposed HART®
These features and many more were developed with the customer’s bottom line in mind and make the Rosemount 5400 Series deliver like no 2-wire radar in history. In fact, it’s all that Emerson does best: innovation that delivers clear business results
||Pulsed, free propagating radar|
5401: ~6 GHz
5402: ~26 GHz
||98 ft (30 m) from flange|
||5401: ±0.4 in (±10 mm)|
5402: ±0.1 in (±3 mm)
||±0.04 in (±1 mm)|
||4-20mA with superimposed digital HART® communication|
||Refer to the Product Data Sheet |
||Intrinsic safety or Explosion / Flame-proof (ATEX, CSA, IECEx, FM, ...)|
||5-digit integral display (Optional)|
||Level, Distance, Volume, Level Rate, Signal Strength, |
Housing Internal Temperature, Aout current and % of Range
||Polyurethane-covered die-cast Aluminum or stainless steel housing with dual compartments.|
||Type 4X, IP66, IP67|
||Link-master device (backup LAS), Block Instantiation, PlantWeb Alerts, Methods|
6xAnalog Input (30 ms)
PID (40 ms)
Arithmetic, Input Selector, Output selector (65 ms)
Signal Characterizer (75 ms)
||Radar Master, AMS, DeltaV, 275/375, or any other DD- or EDDL-compatible host.|
Please visit Industrial Process and Sensor for more info.
Back to Product List